Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kweli Center

Well, this week is observation week for me at the Kweli Center (the Truth Center). I sat in the 1st grade class on monday and today i sat in 2nd grade. I wanted to get a feel for how the teacher teaches and what level the students are at. So nothing too exciting going on :) but ive enjoyed it. And i am excited to teach. I will be teaching 1st grade English, Math, and Bible. And 2nd grade Phonics, Math, and Bible... i think i will be teaching English as well. I am very excited for the opportunity. I love kids and teaching i think will be awesome. This afternoon i was with Mama Ama with the little ones. I got to help them with their letters and simple math.
This past Saturday i was able to teach a Bible lesson for Kids Club. There were about forty kids there i would say. Nate Wolf, one of the missionaries, translated for me. I had to stop after every sentence for him and try to use easily translatable sentences. He said i did well. I think the lesson went well. In this culture, children are everywhere. So it is not hard to find fifty kids. Little five year olds bring their younger siblings in on their backs. It is also interesting to watch nursery school children walk home from school on their own... but that is just the way things are done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment