Thursday, September 5, 2013

Nurture Baby Home

Today I began my stay at Nurture Baby Home in Masaka, Uganda. Its a home for orphaned and abandoned babies and I'll be here until Sunday!
I've really been looking forward to my time spent here and what I would have a chance to learn. When I arrived the first thing I was able to do was meet the older children who were playing in the front yard. They acted so shy when i first got out of the van! Later that night they did not act that way though! 
After I put my things away I went into the baby room and I was immediately drawn to this one little boy. I ended up holding him for a long time. He is such a sweet little chubby, healthy looking baby with a big smile. Later on, at dinner, I asked one of the girls who works there what had happened to the baby who was malnourished and found tied up under his mother's bed. I had seen a video on the Internet with the founder of this baby home talking about that specific child's past..... I was told that it was the baby I has been loving on for like an hour. He was the one so malnourished, so mistreated. If I say that it hit me hard, that would be an understatement. It genuinely shocked me and made me want to cry. To think that he had been made to suffer that way rocked me. It also made me further realize the importance and need of ministries like Nurture Baby Home.  God has so much love for these children that He found a way for them to have a chance. I believe God is going to do big things in and through the life of that baby I held today. He has a great story already of being rescued and taken into the care of people who genuinely love him now because Christ first loved.
It also doesn't seem coincidental to me that the same baby who's story I had heard months ago was the one I unknowingly was drawn to. It truly touched me in a very real way. 
That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Missing you. Tried to post something on your previous blog but I don't know if it stuck. Love you. Praying for you. You are def an awesome inspiration. -sarah goehring

    ReplyDelete